1933 FORD HI-BOY
ONE OF A KIND
Registered as a 1933 Ford with the Vin Number 1826998907. Built in 1996.
I have Barry Lobeck's Hot Rod Shops Appraisal of his build of the '33 Ford Roadster Splitfire Hi-Boy.
It was totally hand built from original commissioned Thom Taylor Design Drawings. Articles and photos in HOT ROD MAGAZINE Oct. 1996 - 9 pages, & Dec. 1996 - 5 pages. ROD & CUSTOM MAGAZINE Jan. 1997 Issue - 3 pages, Feb. 2009 - HOT ROD MAGAZINE Issue - 6 pages and picture on a 2013 ROCK n RIDES Car Show Calendar.
Ford Motor Split Fire Spark Plug Division owned this vehicle from 3-4-96.
Sold to 2nd owner June '03 Akron, Ohio
Sold to 3rd owner Aug., '04 Flint, Michigan
Sold to present owner Oct., '11, Williamsburg, Michigan
The 3rd owner was told by Barry Lobeck that he had $120,000.00 in labor only to build this car.
It all started during a Bench Racing Session when the folks from Split Fire Spark Plug Div. of Ford Motor Co. were looking for a vehicle they could drive on Hot Rod Magazines Power Tour in 1996. Split Fire Div. displayed this vehicle at shows across the country attracting customers of the Split Fire Spark Plug. The Flying "V" in the front bottom of the car represents the Split Fire Spark Plug Tip.
• SVD .302 c.i. Ford Motor Engine with Chrome Accessories
• Custom built Aluminum Grill
• Power Trunk Opener with Suicide Doors
• PPG Base coat/clear coat
• C4 Transmission - Ford/B&M C4 2200 Stall Converter
• Engine Block Painted Purple to match body color
• 600 CFM Holly Carb.
• Ford SVO Gauges
• 33/4 Frame Rails - Professionally Built
• Front Suspension on a I-Beam axle & 4-Link Location System with Chrome and Stainless Components
• Rear Suspension is a Special Fabricated Ladder System with Coil over Shocks
• 8" Ford Maverick/Currie Rear End
• Specialty Boyd Cottington Aluminum Wheels
• 18 Gal. Steel Gas Tank
• Walker Vintage II 3 Core Radiator
• Stainless Steel Exhaust (HPC coated) also Headers & Mufflers
• Lokar Shifter, Emergency Brake & Stainless Braided Cables
• 110" Wheel Base
• Windshield Chopped, Reclined and Moveable
• Mullins - Prepped Vega Steering Box
• Wildwood Duel - Piston Calipers Front Disc Brakes
• Unlike most Street Rods and Hi-Boys, this Roadster runs on all FORD SVO Drive Train as well as Motor
• Front P195/60 R15" Tires - 15" x 6" Wheels
• Rear P275/60R 17" Tires - 17" x 8" Wheels
• Rootlieb Custom 3 piece Metal Hood held in place with a Carolina Custom Hood Latch and can be opened from Left or Right side of car
• Manual Dual - Master Cylinder System
• EZ Jumpers under the passenger door area in case of power loss
• Has the only sliding roadster seat presently known
• Requires a 2 pc. seat back - The Upper part is solidly mounted to the body and the Lower back section is mounted to the sliding seat bottom
• Main Electrical Shut Off just behind the licence plate
• 10,100 Original Miles
• Could not build this car now for under $100,000.