1971 Jeep CJ-5 a very unique and cool Hot rod. It has a Ford 302 V8 from a Mustang GT, a C4 automatic transmission from a 1972 Bronco, an advance adapters unit hooking it all up to the original single stick transfer case. The 71 CJ's were the last year of the very short wheel base. She has power steering and a very rare and original steel half top and doors with roll up windows. I do have and will go with the Jeep the original factory roll bar. The list of extras are as follows.
1) Mallory high energy distributor and ignition module
2) Electric cooling fan
3) Aluminum racing radiator
4) Ford motorsport wires, valve covers and air cleaner
5) manual choke Edelbrock carb
6) Superlift 3" springs and shackle version with superlift shocks and stabilizer
7) Flaming river column keyed tilt column
8) Painless wiring harness
9) Lokar high shift auto shifter
10) Aluminum rear diff cover
11) Custom made original steel wheels
12) New Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires
13) 4" racing seat belts
14) new gas tank skid plate
This is the majority of the extra features on this Jeep. Just to explain a bit more the rims and tires were a $1700 expense. The rims were original stock jeep wheels 15x6.5 and they were stripped and widened to 15x8 and powder coated red. This jeep runs very well and its fast with 4.87 gears. This is probably not the best thing for the highway but its a riot around town and gets a lot of attention. The paint stinks but looks cool, the body is almost completely rust free. There is no radio and a few gauges have decided not to work.